Painting with traditional tools like brushes or rollers can be a long, exhausting process for any DIY homeowner like yourself. This is the reason why paint sprayer have become the ultimate choice. If you have a long list of potential products that could be the thing you want, you might have wared between these two: Graco Magnum X5 vs X7. They have both been rated very high by the former buyers, and have proved to be the item that you need. But which one is better? Which one will be the perfect choice for you? Continue reading and you will have your decision.
Wagner Flexio 2000 reviews HVLP Sprayer– Top Rated Review 2021
Wagner Flexio 3000 Reviews – Top Rated 2021
PROS AND CONS OF GRACO X5
- Give a smooth, professional finish
- Lightweight with just 13 pounds, easy to carry
- Has a durable full trigger
- Has .5 horsepower engine
- Can pump out 0.27 gallons of material per minute
- Spray directly from 1 or 5-gallon containers so doesn’t require refill as often
- Maximum DuraFlex hose length of 75 feet
- Can work with many different materials
- Has reversible tip to solve the clogging problem
- Can fine-tune the pressure between high and low setting
- Perfect for painting large surfaces like decks, ceilings, fences, interior and exterior walls, etc.
- Fast and reliable start-up every time
- Easy to clean with the Power Flush adapter
- Get clogged because of thicker material
- Does experience some slight vibrations when working at higher PSI
PROS AND CONS OF GRACO X7
- Weight with 23 pounds, has a convenient cart so it can be easy to move around
- Hardened Stainless Steel Pistor Pump delivers high-pressure power to spray unthinned materials
- Outspray 0.31 gallons of paint per minnute
- Has 25 feet of airless DuraFlex paint hose
- Has 8 ounce of Pump Armor Fluid
- Can use both 1 or 5-gallon containers thanks to the flexibility of the intake tube
- Put out a lot of pressure, up to 3000 PSI
- Has 5/8 horsepower engine
- Has fewer parts, easy to clean with Power Flux adapter
- Able to spray different materials
- Quick to set up
- Works the best on large surfaces like walls, fences, decks, etc.
- Not suitable for working on cars, cabinets or furniture
- Could get clogged with thicker substances
- Can produce some overspray
COMPARISON OF TWO PRODUCT: WHICH ONE SHOULD YOU PURCHASE?
Both of the products come from the same company, in consequence, they can be pretty similar to the user’s response. Graco X5 is the previous model of Graco X7, which means the X7 has additional features that make it become the upgrade version of the X5. So it is easy to understand that the X7 will have more advantages over the X5. But that doesn’t prove which one is better than the other, this depends on your need. So let’s put the two into comparison.
Price Point: Graco X5 Is Better For Who Is On A Budget
The price is the first thing people look at when they buy something. So you are looking for an affordable but high powered paint sprayer, then X5 is clearly the better option. It can serve you well with all your needs, painting walls, outdoor or indoor project, furniture, you name it. X5 weights only 13 pounds, it also comes with a durable stand which makes it easier to hold and control.
Graco X7 is more on the pricer side but it has more beneficial upgrades. It is heavier but it comes with a wheeled cart so moving is the easy part, you can even carry both the sprayer and the paint bucket on it. But this can be unnescessary if you only work on a small project that doesn’t require moving a lot.
Performance: Graco X7 Is More Beneficial When It Comes To Power
The customers have showed satisfaction with both of the products. Both can have a maximum pressure 3000 PSI but X7 has a 5/8 horsepower engine which is more suitable for spraying the thicker paint. It also comes with the 50 feet hose and adjustable power knob to help you control the pressure easier. And if you need to pray through a 100 feet hose, you can always adjust the pressure to go stronger. X7 can spray up to 0.31 gallons of material per minute, which will save you plenty of time and effort.
Graco X5 has a .5 horsepower engine that can spray 0.27 gallons of paint per minute, which gives it the ability to help you finish a big project in no time. It also has an adjustable knob so you can fully take control of the pressure while you work.
Convenient Features: They Are Tie
Everything you need in a sprayer can be found in these two products. Both have the Hardened Stainless Steel Piston Pump, which is more durable than metal materials, so the lifespan of the product will be longer, end up saving you more money on construction gear.
Graco X5 and X7 both come with the TrueAirless spray tip with SoftSpray Technology. This tip gives you greater control and less overspray with a wide range of the coating. Clogging is a common problem that you have while using paint sprayer. Aware of this struggle, Graco provides you a reversible tip that comes with both the sprayer to help you solve any clogging problem that you might have.
And one more remarkable feature is the PushPrime, which will allow you to set up both of the equipment quickly and easily. Set-up will no longer be a daunting experience. Not only you can start it early, but you can also spend less time on the whole process thanks to the Power Flush Adapter. Just connect it to a garden hose and the cleaning part has come so effortlessly.
These two have proved to the customers their worth. It is difficult to see which one is actually better, but the X7 seems slightly win over the X5. If you want something with high power, choose the X7. But if you want something on a budget then choose the X5. Keep in mind what is your priority and your need, and you will find the perfect product for yourself.